Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose background color as text color

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dominiekvanwest
425 Views, 6 Replies

Choose background color as text color

Hi,

Our company logo is a blue box with white letters. So in an idw I made the title block with this blue box and white letters and it prints out just fine. But internally we don't need that color, we just want to print in black and white. So if I print and select 'All colors as black', both the blue box and the white text are black, which means I only see a full black box. I do understand as the white color is also a color. But is there any way of setting the text up so it is the same as the background (or setting up the text with no color) which means it won't change to black if I select 'All colors as black'?

Thanks in advance!

Dominiek

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

You can edit your text color in the Format Text box ... it's the icon next to Rotation. I'm unable to post a picture to show you the icon ...but it's looks like stacked paper in 3 different colors. Is this what you mean by changing the text color? Mike

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
-niels-
in reply to: dominiekvanwest

Can't you just set the printer to not print color instead of selecting "all colors as black" in inventor?
We print everything for internal use without color as well, but we let the printer just turn it into greyscale.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 7
dominiekvanwest
in reply to: -niels-

That seems the only way to do it. But if I change it, then it's changed for next drawings I want to print too, so if I want color again, then I need to change it back.

Maybe a better option is to make 2 "printers" (1 with color, 1 with greyscale) and just select the correct printer.

Thank you for the replies!

Message 5 of 7
-niels-
in reply to: dominiekvanwest

You could check the exchange apps for printing solutions:
http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Home

I've heard people mention KwikPrints at times, but there seem to be more printing related addins that might be of use for your situation.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: -niels-

Can't you just use an image for your logo instead of creating it from scratch?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 7

Won't the image also print as a full black box as it are all colors?

Won't the file size be bigger because it's an image instead of just text and some lines?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report