Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout confusion!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
130 Views, 6 Replies

Checkout confusion!

Why does IV keep telling me that files are checked-out to another user and then name me as that user? I have to keep stealing the checkout from myself! The files were all created by me using my usual login, and mostly created in the same workgroup folder. Am I missing something here?

G.I.Stalker
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Were they checked out to a different project?

--
Cory McConnell
BJ pipeline Inspection
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

No, the only parts that were created in a different project & may not have been checked out, would be the library parts. Often a part is created for a particular job, and then after that part has been proven ok in the finished design, a copy may be placed in a library folder and used as a library part. However, these are referenced in the Libraries section of the .ipj, so I wouldn't expect to be able to alter these anyhow. IV6 wont even let you try. All the other files in the project have been created in that project, by myself using my usual user account. Hmm... just thought of something. Should these be to be checked out before I use them in an assembly in the same project? (Not that I can think of a good reason why that should be the case!)I will have to try this out.

G.I.Stalker
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I have seen your problem, but it the files were checked out to a project,
the user made a new project, and deleted the old one. When he opened the
new project the files said they were already checked out to him. I don't
know what else it could be, maybe somebody else has seen this behavior as
well.

--
Cory McConnell
BJ pipeline Inspection
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Are you working shared or semi-isolated?  Are
they files created in R5.3 or earlier?  Even after migration I had a number
of files that were still checked out from the previous release.  I had to
go through and steal them all back and then check them in (or cancel
checkout).  After a once over for all the reserved parts everything was ok
after that.

--
Hal Gwin
Mechanical
Designer
Xenogen
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

The project is shared. Some of the library files were produced on earlier versions, and needed migration, but all the other files in the project were produced in R6. Up until very recently we only ran one copy of IV on one machine, now we have two. So I never needed to use the multi-user modes before. Could be it's just 'finger trouble' on my part, but it does seem a bit odd. At the moment I can work with it, so I have no immediate worries, and things may become clearer as I go along. Thanks for your comments anyhow. G.I.Stalker
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hi....I've seen this problem all too frequently in a shared environment. It usually occurs when you crash with an assembly drawing open. If the assembly was checked out to yourself, then it will remain checked out to you after a crash. I've had to steal it back from myself on many ocasions............Cheers.........Sean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report