Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checker Plate & Steel Grating Texture Map

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mcrump28210
16296 Views, 5 Replies

Checker Plate & Steel Grating Texture Map

Does anyone have a texture map that will simulate checker plate and industrial steel grating?  This would be for Inventor 2013.  Thanks!

Michael Crump
AutoCAD 2013
Inventor 2013
Windows Pro 7 x64
Asus Sabertooth X58
Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.2 GHz
24 GB ram
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: mcrump28210

There are a number that are shipped with Inventor, you will need to change the BMP scale to match your requirements. Look under the Appearance Icon (color wheel) just to the left of the Material box in the header.

Dang, looks like the mesh is gone, I guess that's why I have been using Showcase

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: blair

I just use google images when a situation like this comes up.. You can easily find an image there to use as a texture

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6
blair
in reply to: mcrump28210

There is a Stainless Steel mesh, one can change the default settings.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
blair

Look in the Materials Library>Inventor Imperial Library>Expanded Metal: there are four different Appearances available.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 6
jamie.emmart

Thanks for the tips Blair. I was after solid plate for a walkway and managed to get what I needed with your tips and Inventor's Diamond plate. I changed the image and scale, see attached image.

Treadplate Setup .pngOddly diamond plate was set to a custom image which does not have a scaling option. You have to zoom very close to see the texture!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report