Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check out the self-paced guide “My First Plug-in”

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
wayne.brill
11241 Views, 22 Replies

Check out the self-paced guide “My First Plug-in”

Check out the Self-Paced Guide “My First Plug-in” presented by the ADN Inventor Team

www.autodesk.com/myfirstinventorplugin

Are you an Autodesk Inventor power user with an interest in becoming even more productive? Would you like to automate or extend the capabilities of Inventor, but are new to computer programming? If so, then this guide is designed for you.

“My First Plug-in” is a self-paced tutorial guide for a smooth introduction into the programming world. This is a “one-stop shop” learning path for users who know Autodesk products but are absolutely new to programming and are thinking about taking the plunge. In this guide, you will be working with the Autodesk Inventor API and the VB.NET programming language.

There are many resources available on the web for you to learn about the Autodesk Inventor API (Application Programming Interface), however, these resources tend to be designed for people who already know programming. This guide is different: it assumes no previous programming knowledge and yet helps you build your first plug-in quickly, without swamping you with details. You will have a working application within an hour of starting this material, irrespective of your current level of programming expertise.

The guide will start by reviewing the benefits of customizing Autodesk software before progressing onto lessons covering the use of the Autodesk Inventor API. The lessons will start by building a working plug-in before covering more detailed explanations of the underlying principles and further developing the application’s functionality.

Product: Autodesk Inventor

Programming Language: VB.NET

Application Programming Interface (API): Inventor API

If you have any feedback on this new guide let us know at myfirstplugin@autodesk.com

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
lexhuis
in reply to: wayne.brill

Hi, is it possible to setup a new link to the page ?

I now get a 404 page.

and seems interesting.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
--------------------------------------
Alexander
Inventor 2016 + Vault
Excel 2013 + VBA + W4INV
Interior retail Design .
Message 22 of 23
lriemer
in reply to: wayne.brill

I would really like to check out this guide, but I also get 404 errors whenever I try to view it. Is there any chance of the link being fixed or has this guide been removed intentionally?

Edit: nevermind, seems to be working now!

Inventor 2019 - Build 136
Windows 10
Message 23 of 23
lexhuis
in reply to: lriemer

Hi,

try this topic, it's on the Autodesk’s Inventor Customization Forums.

it worked for me.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/check-out-the-self-paced-guide-my-first-plug-i...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
--------------------------------------
Alexander
Inventor 2016 + Vault
Excel 2013 + VBA + W4INV
Interior retail Design .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report