Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the direction of assembly origin axes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mjohanson
1650 Views, 1 Reply

Changing the direction of assembly origin axes

I recently found an error in my top level assembly which is that the origin axes x & z are pointing in the wrong direction (x-axis points in the negative x direction and the z-axis points in the negative z direction).  Does anyone know how to "flip" the origin axes of an assembly?

Additional information:  I have a top level lattice assembly that consists of a number of lattices (a part to which components are constrained) with the lattice origin planes constrained flush with the top level lattice assembly origin planes.  This top level assembly is used in many other assemblies to constrain entire systems.  Re-constraining my lattices correctly inside of the top assembly is infeasible.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: mjohanson

Of course an iam file is useless without ipt files - it is simply a record of hyperlinks and assembly constraints.

I might argue that there is (or should be) no such thing as "axis pointing wrong direction".

While "infeasable" to fix the constraints, I recommend (not haven seen the actual work involved) you bite the bullet and get it done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report