Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Stain Color for wooden parts in iLogic

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
KyleScahuer95
549 Views, 3 Replies

Changing Stain Color for wooden parts in iLogic

I am very much a beginner in learning how to write rules in iLogic.

I have a wooden part

I want to create a list of stain options in my parameters.

When i click on a stain color in that list, i want my wooden part to change stain, and tint. I'm coming up with with the RGB numbers that match my stains.

I need help with the logic that makes the stain change colors and linking that to my parameter list of stains. Help is much appericiated. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I have tried to write my own logic rules to accomplish this but I don't seem to be ever headed in the write direction. 

Message 3 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: KyleScahuer95

Can't help with the ilogic..

Should be fairly simple to have a form that can change the appearance of a part..

BUT I would accomplish that with an ipart and not bother with ilogic.

I would assume that when the stain changes colors so does this wooden parts part number. 

(For stocking/inventory reasons I would always recommend a different finish gets a different part number)

Its easy to setup all your different appearances then create an ipart and change the appearance there..

Create your ipart family and you are done.

I don't see the need to use ilogic for something like that unless you expect to be able to create new appearances on the fly. 

I would expect you only have a few stain colors that are always used so its just a matter of setting them up once and done.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 4
KyleScahuer95
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thank You, I will give that a try. I appreciate the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report