Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Reference parts to Layer - Phantom(ISO).

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
HarryP108
732 Views, 1 Reply

Changing Reference parts to Layer - Phantom(ISO).

Small problem - in an idw I have parts set to "Reference" in the BOM Structure. They show up in the idw on layer "By Standard (Visible Narrow (ISO)) which are showing up just as bold as "By Standard Visible (ISO))".

How do I, and should I, change the Reference parts to layer "Phantom Lines (ISO)"?

Regards.

Inventor Professional.
Windows 10.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SBix26
in reply to: HarryP108

I don't really know how this works.  I just did a little experimentation with Inventor 2011 (which version are you using?  should be in your original post), and found that reference part lines, displaying as thin phantom, nevertheless are on layer Visible.  If I change the view to show reference parts "As Parts", they now show bold, as all the other parts do, and are still on layer Visible.  So, I don't understand what the layer assignment means if it doesn't actually control the appearance.

But, if your reference parts are showing the same as other parts, Edit View > Model State tab and select under Reference Data Line Style "As Reference Parts".  If this doesn't change them, then they have been forced to a different layer, and they should all be returned to the By Standard layer.

Hope this helps, but not at all sure that it will.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums