Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing multiple face colors

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
aheiselberg
2455 Views, 2 Replies

Changing multiple face colors

Hi folks,

I'm working with Autodesk Inventor 2009.

I have several parts colored in gray, black and red.

• The grey color is the basic part color/material.
  • The black color is feature color styles.
  • The red color is face color styles.

I need to change all the face color styles (red) to the original part color/material (gray/default). I can do this by right-clicking on a surface > properties > face properties.

My problem is that I have a lot of surfaces (mostly due to fillets). I can choose multiple ones wth ctrl + click, but even that would take forever.

Is there an easier way to change all the face colors at once?

Best regards

A. Heiselberg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: aheiselberg

Hi! If you were on R2010, it would be fairly simple to do. Just right-click on the solid body node in the browser -> Properties -> Strip color overrides. However, you are on R2009.

On top of my head, there are three ways to do this without actually selecting the faces manually.

Option1: You can simply rename the document color style from Red to something else. Then change the color to be like gray.

Option2: You can find a planar face or any face on the part. Create a zero-offset surface on the face. Then use Delete Face command to delete the selected face. Next, create another zero-offset surface using Qulit option. Use Delete Face command to remove the original quilt. Lastly, use Sculpt or Stitch to turn them into a solid again. This workflow is a bit confusing. Please see attached part for more information.

Option3: If you are familiar with VBA, you might be able to create a small program marching over the faces and resetting the face color to something else.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
aheiselberg
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you for your help. I managed to get it done in a way similar to your 1st solution.

Thanks again!

BR

A. Heiselberg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report