Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing location of Design Data, Templates and Content Centre

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
justin.courtney
453 Views, 2 Replies

Changing location of Design Data, Templates and Content Centre

I have 45 PCs running Autodesk Inventor 2011 in a student PC lab.  We have since set up Vault Server and I need to change the location that these point at.

The files that I need to edit can be got to by:

1.    Open Autodesk Inventor
2.    Click “Pro”
3.    Click “Options”
4.    Click the “File” tab
5.    I need to edit the following: Default templates, Design Data (Styles, etc) and Default Content Centre files.  
6.    The above three will be pointed to a server that has vault setup on it (\\vault\templates, etc).

Now to clarify, Inventor works, I do not need assistance activating it, and I do not need assistance with group policy to set up the install...

I need to be able to modify the above with group policy through either the registry (if possible) or some other method.  I just need to change the above to point at \\servername\share.

Cheers,

Justin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

You can share your design data,CC and templates to a network drive and then map the network drive across all your users.

After configuring this path on admin login, you can modify the changes in the application options and export the xml file and ask the users to import it one time when they launch inventor.

This will set the new path on their machines and each time when you need to change the path, you just have to map your network drive with the same name.

You can also create a startup script to push this xml file to all your users in the network. below is the microsoft article that might help.

Hope it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 3

To add to what Vinod wrote, the exported XML file containing the application options can be edited to remove most of the options, leaving only the ones that you need all users to have, such as file paths.  That way you're not resetting their user names and color preferences, for example.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report