Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

gerry.salinas
Message 1 of 3 (135 Views)

Changing iFeature instances in parts after updating table driven iFeature

135 Views, 2 Replies
10-02-2012 03:05 PM

Hi,

I noticed some errors in certain table entries in an iFeature of mine after I had already started creating parts using it. I've updated the table and when I add new instances of the feature to my part they work fine, but the existing instances of it stay the same size. Is there any way to force the existing instances to update?

The iFeature in question is a sketch and I'm using Inventor 2012, if either of those is relevant.

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 2 of 3 (116 Views)

Re: Changing iFeature instances in parts after updating table driven iFeature

10-03-2012 06:38 AM in reply to: gerry.salinas

Did you try using the rebuild command?

rebuild.JPG

Also if you are using these iparts in assemblies you might want to regenerate the iparts.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

gerry.salinas
Message 3 of 3 (107 Views)

Re: Changing iFeature instances in parts after updating table driven iFeature

10-03-2012 11:00 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

Yes, rebuild doesn't seem to help.

Is any part with an iFeature automatically an iPart? My parts just have slots in them based on a sketch which is an iFeature.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.