Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Drawing Active Standard

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BrianBolam4894
368 Views, 5 Replies

Changing Drawing Active Standard

I'm new to the style library and I'm trying to figure out how to take an existing drawing that was created on one standard, and changing it to another standard I just created. The new standard has different dimension styles, text, and layers. I've added all the styles to my style library and I've set the new standard to the active standard in both the styles and standards editor and the document settings. If I create a new view, it comes in on the new standard, but the existing views are still on the old. How to I get the existing views on the new standard?

Brian
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Brian,

Yes, the rule is that new style just is applied to the new object, and it isn't applied to the existed object. The intent of this rule is to allow various objects to use different styles in one drawing.

If you want to use new styles to exsited views, you have to select the views and assign the new styles to them again.

Thanks,
-Vive.
Message 3 of 6

Grettings!

How can I do that? When I select a view, is not possible to apply the desired standard.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 6

I also am looking for this 12 years later. Does anyone know how to apply a standard to existing drawing views?

Message 5 of 6

Responding to myself, I found that you can replace the current drawing standard in the style editor. This however only works on the active sheet. Better but still not a good solution.

Message 6 of 6

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report