Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing dimension text size

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
danielw88
622 Views, 2 Replies

changing dimension text size

I have been working on some spec sheets and, ideally, would like the text size larger to improve readability. When creating text, changing the size is as easy as editing the text and changing the size. With a dimension, however, that method doesn't work. Is there an easy way to change a dimension's text size without having to make a change in the styles??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
t_pcoll
in reply to: danielw88

Hi, text overrides other then color and stretch are not supported. There was a WISH item logged already (DID#737120). I have added your comments to the defect.

Thanks

Ladislav

Autodesk

Message 3 of 3
jtylerbc
in reply to: danielw88

I know you were trying to do this without messing with styles, but it sounds to me like that is exactly what you should do anyway.

Create a new dimension style for "Spec Sheet Dims" and a corresponding text style if needed, then you'll have it available for future spec sheets.  Even if it was possible, opening each dimension and manually changing the text size would be a lot more work than just changing the dimension style would be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report