Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing dimension text size in .idw 2d drawing

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
stevesearles
14397 Views, 11 Replies

Changing dimension text size in .idw 2d drawing

How do you change the dimension text size in an .idw 2D drawing? The dimension text and arrowhead size is too small and I would like to make it sligthly larger. Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: stevesearles

Change in the Styles Editor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Cadmanto

Steve,

Like JD mentioned in the styles editor.

STYLES.PNG

Then go here to edit either the existing style or to create a new one.

STYLES1.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 12
Cadmanto

Steve,

Like JD mentioned in the styles editor.

STYLES.PNG

Then go here to edit either the existing style or to create a new one.

STYLES1.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 12
lespinosa
in reply to: Cadmanto

i understand you can egit the text size under the styles editor, but how about editing the entire dimension to a small or larger base upon a input percentage? similar to the DIMSCALE in autocad. 

Message 6 of 12
khosey
in reply to: lespinosa

The "DIMSCALE" (A-Cad term) is automatically scaled in Inventor to the scale of the view on your 2D drawing so that you don't have to reset it every time you want to make an enlarged view.  If you want to change the dimension to something other than the actual value, you'll have to overwrite the dimension in the text box (not recommended).

Ken

Message 7 of 12
manofhg
in reply to: JDMather

I;m having the same trouble, but styles editor changes don't change the dimension sizes.  This is the first time I've run into not being able to make changes.

Message 8 of 12
johnsonshiue
in reply to: manofhg

Hi! It should be fairly easy to do. I want to make sure you are changing the right setting. Could you share an example here?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 12

As with a bunch of stuff dealing with this "app" this supposedly "simple task" seems to be virtually undoable for the average human. Yup, got the actual dim text size to change but don't even think about the tolerance text size. Seems no one is able to make that readable/useable/changeable. been screwing around on the internet for hours trying to find an answer. Always ends up back at square one. As long as I am whining, I might as well ask why is it my (virtually undoable) task to try to transfer object library items from the previous (INV. 2013) to my current program (INV pro 2022) (which was forced on me due to what I consider just general greed) I now pay yearly fees and yet you think I should waste my time trying to deal with your inability to make these programs mesh? I would expect that some form of software would be created and sent out by autodesk to remedy this situation. To explain further I am a self taught user and do not work with any other people who know anything at all about cad system use.                                                         signed, completely frustrated.

Message 10 of 12

Hi Mike,

I am sorry that Inventor does not behave the way it should. As a tool, it is not worth your frustration. Take a break and walk outside for a change. Stay safe!

If I understood your issue correctly, it was about the ability to change the dimension text size. It should be driven by Dimension Style -> Text Style. However, if the text is already altered manually (overridden), the size will not be changed this way.

Please share an example that you are working on. Forum experts can help take a look and explain the behaviors.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 12

I can change the general dimension text size. I cannot change the dimension tolerance text size that is shown after the general dimension.

I like your comment about the content center items that will not transfer.

Many thanks!

Message 12 of 12

Hi Mike,

Tolerance text style is driven by a different style. Right-click on a dimension -> Edit Dimension Style -> Text -> Tolerance Text Style -> you can select the available style there. Or, you can create a new text style and assign it to the tolerance text.

It should work. If it does not work, please share an example that you are working on. We can take a look to understand the issue better.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report