Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing appearance of pattern copies

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
992 Views, 3 Replies

Changing appearance of pattern copies

Hi. Im having problems figuring out how to change the the appearance of indivitual copied object when using the pattern tool. I can change the appearance on the original object (which is red on the picture) but im having problem changing the the appearance of the other objects ( i want all of them to have different colors)

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Thanks 

Mynd vegna inventor forums.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeanchile
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm on my phone and not in front of Inventor but I believe you can change the appearance of these patterned elements by selecting which ones you want in the browser. I think you either need to expand the Component Pattern in the browser and select individual occurances or you can change the whole pattern by selecting the pattern feature. Sorry I can't be more clear but I can't get IV to work on my phone ;-).
Inventor Professional
Message 3 of 4
pcrawley
in reply to: jeanchile

jeanchile is right - just expand the Component Pattern Element, select the component(s), then change its appearance.

colours.png

Remember that it's an assembly-level colour override, so you would be advised to create a View Rep to manage it.

Peter

Peter
Message 4 of 4
jeanchile
in reply to: Anonymous

But also, if it is a part file and you are trying to change the appearance at the feature level you can select the element in the browser, right click, and then select properties (I think, again... On the phone) then change the appearance by feature there.

Good luck!
Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report