Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing a part from CC

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
263 Views, 3 Replies

changing a part from CC

I have 2 content centre parts i would like to alter.

How do i change the parameters so both the Nut and Bolt Chamfer-1 are 16mm diagonally across instead of 18mm.....i want the face to not touch the edge

I tried changing the parameters (fx) and on the tree but could not get it to change corectly

The 2 CC attached are 2013

Thank...Simon 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: Anonymous

What parameter(s) did you try to change?  In the nut, if you look at the sketch for the Chamfer 1 feature, you see that the controlling parameters are SW0 & SW01.  In the parameters dialog, you find that both of these are set equal to parameter SW, which is the width across flats, = 18 mm.  Simply set SW0 & SW01 both = 16 mm instead of = SW.  I didn't look at the bolt, but it would likely be similar.  Just track back through the parameters and see which parameters control which features.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 3 of 4
salariua
in reply to: Anonymous

Question is : Do you want to change content center family or just these two parts?

If just these parts you want and you need to keep the width across flats standard then edit the chamfer revolve sketch and change dimension to 16.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: salariua

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report