Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes not being checked in to vault

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
243 Views, 7 Replies

Changes not being checked in to vault

Hello,

We have a user that has been experiencing problems when checking files into vault.  The problem occurs when he copies a design (the drawing and part file) in vault then checks out the files to make changes, saves it and checks it back in, Inventor doesn't check in the changes.  The preview window (i.e.. dwf that's generated on check in) is correct however the thumbnail is wrong and when you open the latest version none of the changes have been made.

This is taking up a lot of time because he has to make the changes twice and also has to be constantly looking back in vault to files he has just checked in to make sure they are correct.  Has anyone seen this before or does anyone know if there is a hotfix for something like this.  

Thanks for the help.

Steve

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jletcher
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes I have seen this and is one reason I don't use vault. I do not know if there is a fix or not.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jletcher

Thanks, that doesn't sound too encouraging.

I am not exactly sure how or why it happens.  Its only effecting one user and I don't know if it is the process of how the files get checked in, whether the part is being checked in thru a drawing or assembly but I would think a check in is a check in.  

It would be nice if Autodesk would come out with a release with nothing new and just fixed a lot of these small glitchy things that make you want to punch your computer.

Message 4 of 8
jletcher

One thing to check is his computer clock sync with the server the vault is on?

If his time on his machine is slower lets say server time 12:00 PM his computer 11:59 PM Vault will look at it as it has the latest version and will not update.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I looked at when the file was checked in and the time was not too far off (less than a minute).  I also tried to open the file on my computer since it has never been loaded from vault and still it did not reflect any changes.  So the master file in vault doesn't show the new updates.

Message 6 of 8
jletcher

If his is off by one second it will not save the changes and opening on another omputer is not going make it with changes he did the files he made changes with are local on his computer.

You needd to sync the time with the server..

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I can try that, however I don't believe anyone in the company syncs time with the server.  We also have users checking in files from Italy which is 7 hours ahead and they don't have the issue of files not being  updated.

Message 8 of 8
jletcher

Like you said they are 7 hours ahead not behind if they was 7 hours behind no changes will go. When I worked for autodesk vault came out and the number one thing we had to do before installing vault was sync the clocks to the server...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report