Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the "startup" drawing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dbr91
356 Views, 4 Replies

Change the "startup" drawing?

Hi.

I'm redoing the "startup" drawing ( under "new" then "Metric" then "ANSI (mm).idw")

Trying to change 2 off the layers. But it seems like i have to redo that everytime i open a new drawing. How do i do so this get saved as a template?

Useing inventor 2013

Daniel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: dbr91

Hi!

in the project, set: Use style lybrary= read\Write 

2.png

Open drawing template,

Make your changes,

Save the new style,

1.png

Save as template.

You can set again the project styles to read only.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 5
blair

If you use the File>New>New (create a file from a list of templates) then you get your template. If you use the File>New>Drawing, then you get the "Standard.idw" template. You can simply save your modified templete as Save-As>Template, then use the "Standard" file name. This is the quick default template Inventor will then use. The video will show the two ways to open a file. The "default" drawing file shown in the second file opening is the "Standard.idw" file. Any template that is saved as a template and given the file name "standard.idw" will be the "default" file for opening.

Link to the video on the Chronicle website:  https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/8b592e54-69ad-4a17-ad1d-a652609229e6

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
dbr91
in reply to: blair

Hi, and thanks for the quick respond! I've just tried the way blair recommended. And when i open a new standard .idw file i get a "Style Conflict" error.

I normally just click on the "new" next to the typical "file" place, and go down on if i want a .ipt .idw.

Message 5 of 5
blair

This is because the style in this template is different than your style defined in the style manager. If you update the style in the template and then save it as a template the notification will go away.. If you watched the Chonicle link I provided you will see that I get the same notification as we don't use the "standard" template and it doesn't match our style library.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report