Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Printer Paper Size with iLogic

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ccoomes
1272 Views, 2 Replies

Change the Printer Paper Size with iLogic

I have created the code to print out the pages from a drawing using Ilogic and the Print Manager.

However, I cannot get the ilogic code via the Print Manager to change either the orientation OR the paper size to suit the print out.

For example, If I have an A3 drawing i can create the Ilogic code for the Print Manager to select the page size of A3 (kPaperSizeA3) within the code, but when I run the code the printer will ONLY select the Default of A4 paper.

The A3 paper is in a different tray but I cannot get the Print Manager to Select the A3 Paper.

The printer we are having this issue with is a HP LaserJet 5200

We are also having the same problem of Printing out 1:1 Scale drawing to an A0 Plotter.  I cannot get the Print Manager to change the Output Page Size either.

This is for a HP DesignJet 430

I have just tried to use the iLogic Snippet for Printing, and if you change the page size to suit A3 (kPaperSizeA3), the printer asks for a paper size of 312mm x 210mm....  This was with the HP LaserJet 5200.

Does anyone know how to get the Printer output paper size changed through the Print Manager, or tell me what I am doing wrong?

Many Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ccoomes
in reply to: ccoomes

I have just figured it out.

You can control the Printer from VB, so I have now wirrten the code to print in a Macro.

I can then fire the Macro from an iLogic Code.

I will now need to figure out how to get the Sheet Size from the Ilogic to the VB code.

If anyone knows how to get the sheet size from inventor into a VB macro that would be great.

Many thanks.

Clive.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ccoomes

One quick way is to write the value to a temp file in iLogic and have the VB read from it and then delete it...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report