Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the orientation of derived part?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
794 Views, 6 Replies

Change the orientation of derived part?

hi

when i place a component in an assembly i have the option of orientating it but i have no angle option nor can i change the angle accurately after its placed

i need to place several parts in position at angles so that i can measure the distances between different places i will also wish to ground the parts

also i do not have a middle mouse button so rotation is awkward at best of times

any ideas anyone

cheers

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

You title says Derived, but you description says Assembly.

In Derived you can use the Move/Rotate Body.

In assembly you can use Assembly Constraints or iProperties (Occurence tab).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

sorry i was looking at other posts and it just slipped in i ment assembly part

the problem is if i have a part on its own or parts that do not make contact with each other how do i constrain them or orient them to specific angles and positions

cheers  for your rapid post

Message 4 of 7
swalton

One way is to place constraints between the part and the origin geometry in the assembly.  Work to model your parts so that the part origin geometry is useful for constraining the part in later assemblies.

Just because components don't touch in the real world, doesn't mean that you can't apply a constraint with an offset between them.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 5 of 7
JDMather

Using the origin in as reference,

ANY part can be placed in ANY desired position in an assembly using assembly constraints.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

this sounds like just what im after could you tell me details on how this is achieived please
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

just to answer my own question

you select surface or part click on constrain then on angular constraint, then in the assembly tab click on angle in the type section, followed by clicking  on a plane in the browser origin section

cheers to all that helped with this

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report