Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Style in Style Library with Inventor LT

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
MaxOtis
485 Views, 7 Replies

Change Style in Style Library with Inventor LT

Hello,

I am using Inventor LT 2012 at work and I am trying to modify some simple styles in our template. I only need to change some line thickness really.

If I change some styles, save my template, and repon my template, Inventor automatically change back the lines to their original standard.

From what I understand, I need to save those new styles directly in the library.

So my question: How do I actually save my modification in the library ?? 

Thank you very much for your answer.

Regards,

Max

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MaxOtis
in reply to: MaxOtis

Any Suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Max

Message 3 of 8
paul
in reply to: MaxOtis

Any replies greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: paul

@paul

Please review the following 2 articles about styles:

https://synergiscadblog.com/2015/09/15/styles-conflict-inventor-drawings/ and https://synergiscadblog.com/2015/10/20/avoiding-style-conflicts-completely-inventor-drawings/.

Update:  Also I forgot to indicate...  Although Inventor LT uses a project, the Project Editor is not available because LT doesn't support assemblies and thus there's no need for the project interface.  But that doesn't allow you to access the Inventor project and make the switch for the styles library (read only or read/write).  But if you launch Inventor LT, then Tools/Application Options/File tab, you can access the styles library switch there.  But read those 2 articles first before saving your information back to the style (design data) information on your hard drive.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 8
paul
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Mark,

I have looked at those posts, basically i am trying to push the styles library into a read/write mode and that is where my issue is. I am not a programing expert, could you please define a step for step route that i could follow to achieve this? ( so long story short i need to activate the save button)

Please let e know - i great appreciate your efforts,

Paul 

Message 6 of 8
paul

My button in the application options is also, grayed out.....

Message 7 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: paul

@paul

Its because you have files opened in Inventor.  Changes to the project file (well with LT, changes in the background) can not occur when you have files open.  Close your files and access the Application Options again.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 8
paul

Thanks Mark - i will give this a try, makes perfect sense.

Thanks, i will get back to you, 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report