Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change sketch plane

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jeff.caplinger
19779 Views, 4 Replies

Change sketch plane

I created an extrusion No 1, I then used a surface of No 1 to create a sketch for extrusion No 2. I find I need to create a loft between No 1 & No 2. The loft will be created by 2 new sketches, part of No 1 and part of No 2. I have created an offset plane between No 1 & No 2, Now I want to change my sketch plane for No 2 to the offset plane. How to I redefine the sketch plane?

Thanks

JEFCAP
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: jeff.caplinger

Right click on the sketch and select Redefine and then select the plane or face where you really want it.

This will only work if you did not create the offset workplane as a child of Sketch2.

But I doubt this is really what you want to do.

Attach your file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
jeff.caplinger
in reply to: JDMather

Thnaks I see that did work, but for some reason the orientation rotated and constraints failed. Lots of errors in design doctor. I do understand the sketch plane edit.

Thanks

JEFCAP
Message 4 of 5
IgorMir
in reply to: jeff.caplinger

Look into "Flip Normal" option for the work plane. While it might not save you from all the errors you are getting it will help to minimize them at least.

Best Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 5 of 5
joao.preichardt
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums