Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Change size of screw - Replace all

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dziner4u2
1515 Views, 1 Reply

Change size of screw - Replace all

I place a screw from content center on a hole. The placement tool allows me to pick "Multiple holes", Great, but the change size button is greyed out, NOT GREAT. Now I go to change the size (length) of the screw that I just put in, and there's an option to select "Replace All", Great...EXEPT it changes all of my screws in the assembly, not just the new group that it is associated with, NOT GREAT. Again the Brainyack Designers of Inventor really missed the boat on this one. Do these program designer have any idea of practical use of the program ?

And while I'm at it...Why couldn't these brainyack designers make it possible to do what SolidWorks does in regard to a "Feature Driven Pattern" ?. This would be...Place a screw on one of the many hole features, then pattern that screw on all the holes created in that group, simply by picking that hole feature. To heck with the illogical process of "patterned holes" which has no parametric value at all.

The Inventor designers need to take some major pointers from how SolidWorks is designed.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Cadmanto
in reply to: dziner4u2

So, now that you told us how you really feel, do you have an exact question we can help you with?  Smiley Happy

Having been on both sides of this software fence, and being a former CSWP, I can tell you first hand that neither software has it perfected.  They both bring to the table things the other doesn't and theyboth have issues.  If you have perused both forums you will know that to be true.

I can also tell you first hand that the best way to try and make things happen with Autodesk software is first, do a search in the Inventor IdeaStation and if you are not seeing any ideas that pertain to your issue, post a new one that does.  Then post a link back here as a cross reference.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report