Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change revision tag size

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
DRudaz
4647 Views, 8 Replies

Change revision tag size

Hi all,

I have a question about the revision tag. It's seam that we can not change the size of the balloon or Triangle. But we can use a user symbol. But we can make this choice only after placing the tag. see picture.

My question is : It is possible to make this choice in the stylelibrary ?

Regards

Dom

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: DRudaz

yes the size of the rev tag symbol is set based on the font size used for the rev text. Increase the text size and the symbol increases.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Change-Revision-Tag-Triangle-Size/td-p/2879264

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 9
DRudaz
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thank's for your answer.

One more thing for the wishlsit.

Regards

Dom

Message 4 of 9
bruce.buck

Following up on this as we're also dealing with this issue. I can see where adjusting the text height will adjust the size, but the text heigh has to be so small that it's practically illegible. Is there a way to adjust the amount of spacing between the tag border and the text?

Inventor 2015 SP1 Build 203 Update 3
Vault Professional 2015 Build 19.1.13.0 Update 1
AutoCAD 2015 SP2 J.210.0.1
NavisWorks Manage 2015 SP3 12.3.0.115750
PLM360
Message 5 of 9
t_hutns
in reply to: bruce.buck

Hello,

I’m sorry, but there is no option to control revision tag size except changing text height in the text style. There is similar request in IdeaStation for User Sizable Revision Tags, you can give Kudos there for now…

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/User-Sizable-Revision-Tags/idi-p/4418265

Thank you for your input

Stanislav Hutnan

Inventor Development

Autodesk

Message 6 of 9

Has this ever been fixed? It's pretty obvious that the triangle border is excessively large compared to the text to the point where it gets in the way of other drawing callouts. 

Message 7 of 9
William.LamJZ983

Has anyone found a solution yet? Here's my work-around: use Diamond rev tags.
R-click rev tag / Edit Revision Tag / check Override Shape / click pencil icon / select Rev Diamond on drop-down.

I have to do this for every tag. Any way to have that as default? Diamond is not on default-shapes list.

Message 8 of 9
Miro.Babic

Inventor 2023 gets paid well for the product. Professional use also requires appropriate support. I use inventor as a professional product and I need it to be really professional. I can't finish the drawing because of the huge revision tag that has an impact on business. What solution does Autodesk Inc. offer?

Message 9 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! Unfortunately, there isn't a change in the revision tag behavior as described in this thread. You may want to define a sketch symbol, which offers more flexibility in terms of its shape and size. However, it will not be associated with the revision table.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report