Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change properties for all frame members in one?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cahoe
525 Views, 2 Replies

change properties for all frame members in one?

I've made a number of framegenerated assemblies with standart ISO 30X30X3 L-beams. Now they wanna change it to another dimensio,n still standart just 40X40X4 instead.

I'm pretty new to this but shouldn't I be able to do this for an assemble in one go with framegenerator? Can't find the procedure any where..

Hey I'm not a troll just a newbie..;-)

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: cahoe

No worries, I don't think you're exhibitng any troll behavior.  Smiley Wink

There is no way to do the entire frame all at one time, I'm afraid.  You will have to select each frame member (this can be done in groups or all at once), and Edit with Frame Generator, then select the new size.  Each replacement will generate a new part file and will prompt you for a file name if you have that box checked.  Be wary of the placement and orientation afterward, especially if you do select tham all at one time.  Double check everything.  End treatments should update fine.  But, if you had some pieces placed "on edge" and some on the centerline, those may get messed up.... so just double check everything.

Depending on the size of your designs this is etiher a piece of cake, or a real PITA.

AutoCAD 2013; AuoCAD Electrical 2013; IV 2013 Professional: Tube and Pipe, Frame Generator, Content Center; Vault Professional 2013: Client, ECO

My Blog, pretty weak I know, but I'm just getting started. 😄
http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Message 3 of 3
cahoe
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks!.. even tho it was a tiny bit depressing. My stuff isnt awfully complex, but I do believe that Inventor initially spoils you to a degree that you aspect things like these to be fully automated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report