Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Frame Reference line (Frame Generator)

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
3dtayo
6956 Views, 7 Replies

Change of Frame Reference line (Frame Generator)

I'm trying to change the reference line of my frame to another new line reference via Change command. I don't see any possiblity there. Is this a limitation? Any workaround please? See image for more info.

thanks

Jerome

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
brendan.henderson
in reply to: 3dtayo

Limitation. Delete 1 member and then place insert it again on the other line. There may be workarounds but it would not produce a solid model.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 3 of 8
3dtayo
in reply to: brendan.henderson

@brendan.henderson wrote:

Limitation. Delete 1 member and then place insert it again on the other line. There may be workarounds but it would not produce a solid model.

thank you Brendan,

I've been doing this already.

Message 4 of 8
inchul.lee
in reply to: 3dtayo

Hello Jerome,

As Brendan already replied, you need to insert a frame on the new line and delete the old one. Or, you may consider editing the frame reference.

Change Frame Members command is used for modifying properties such as standard, family, size, material, appearance, and orientation. For more details, please refer to the Inventor Help article:

Modify base frame members

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-D1044A45-A5F0-4D36-9BE2-E515A51C4407

Inchul Lee
Message 5 of 8
DaveRank3265
in reply to: inchul.lee

I have a similar need.  I changed a dimension that shifted the location of the driving frame skeleton sketch.  Some frame members followed, but not all.  Because I have some downstream things built on the frame members, I don't want to delete and re-insert a new frame member, as is suggested earlier in this string.  I will, if I have to, but I'd rather not.  Anything a little more elegant?

I'm looking for the "re-select driving frame skeleton reference".

This string suggests the Reference Skeleton can be changed.  I'd like to know how.  Everything is grayed out when try to do anything with it.

Is it even possible?

If not, please make that an enhancement request for the Frame Generator Change command.

--rcc Dave
Message 6 of 8
DaveRank3265
in reply to: DaveRank3265

Just got a response from Autodesk support.

1. There is currently no way of re-selecting sketch geometry once the frame has been generated. (I'm running 2015)

2. Manage Rebuild All did the trick for me. All the frame members found their way home to the master skeleton sketch, which is what I was after.
--rcc Dave
Message 7 of 8
NWeigand
in reply to: DaveRank3265

"Manage Rebuild All did the trick for me. All the frame members found their way home to the master skeleton sketch, which is what I was after."

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Message 8 of 8

I would be happy to have this feature. Generating a new member make you lose all relationships.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report