Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change model reference in drawing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RDG3PO
978 Views, 2 Replies

Change model reference in drawing

I did some digging and found the option to replace a model reference in an entire drawing, but I'm looking to change the reference in just a view. Consider the picture I have attached. I'm depicting top down views of these layers. Each layer requires changing the view identifier each time I drop a view. This would be considerably less time consuming if I could just copy/paste the view and change which part file it was pointing to. Any advice?

Thanks,

INVENTOR 2014 STANDARD
IOSX and PARALLELS
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: RDG3PO

If a view has already been placed onto the IDW there is not a way to edit the existing view to point to another file to regenerate that view to be based off of that new file. This is by designed within the product and not possible at this time. If you would like to enter a wish list item asking for this to be considered as an enhancement for a future release please use the following link.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Regards,

Don

Message 3 of 3
RDG3PO
in reply to: 4donwan4

Thanks for the quick reply. This confirmed my suspicions. I've submitted a wish to the link you provided.

INVENTOR 2014 STANDARD
IOSX and PARALLELS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report