Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
RDG3PO
Message 1 of 3 (426 Views)
Accepted Solution

Change model reference in drawing

426 Views, 2 Replies
12-26-2013 08:38 AM

I did some digging and found the option to replace a model reference in an entire drawing, but I'm looking to change the reference in just a view. Consider the picture I have attached. I'm depicting top down views of these layers. Each layer requires changing the view identifier each time I drop a view. This would be considerably less time consuming if I could just copy/paste the view and change which part file it was pointing to. Any advice?

Thanks,

INVENTOR 2014 STANDARD
IOSX and PARALLELS

If a view has already been placed onto the IDW there is not a way to edit the existing view to point to another file to regenerate that view to be based off of that new file. This is by designed within the product and not possible at this time. If you would like to enter a wish list item asking for this to be considered as an enhancement for a future release please use the following link.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Regards,

Don

Product Support
4donwan4
Message 2 of 3 (377 Views)

Re: Change model reference in drawing

12-27-2013 10:46 AM in reply to: RDG3PO

If a view has already been placed onto the IDW there is not a way to edit the existing view to point to another file to regenerate that view to be based off of that new file. This is by designed within the product and not possible at this time. If you would like to enter a wish list item asking for this to be considered as an enhancement for a future release please use the following link.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Regards,

Don

Active Contributor
RDG3PO
Message 3 of 3 (359 Views)

Re: Change model reference in drawing

12-27-2013 12:10 PM in reply to: 4donwan4

Thanks for the quick reply. This confirmed my suspicions. I've submitted a wish to the link you provided.

INVENTOR 2014 STANDARD
IOSX and PARALLELS
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.