Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change linetype of border line (for a detailed view)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
l.crisan
1910 Views, 5 Replies

Change linetype of border line (for a detailed view)

Hello,

I've made a detailed view (like in image attached - detail view (1)). Is possible to change the linetype of the border lines of detailed view (black rectangled in detail view (2)), for example in dash dot line type.

Thanks,
Lucian
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Tim.Nong
in reply to: l.crisan

Hi Lucian,

Please open Style Editor, create a new layer with the desired line type, and go to Object Defaults change the Detail Cut line with this new layer.

Hope it helps,

Tim

Inventor Drawing Manager QA

Message 3 of 6
l.crisan

Thanks for your reply Tim.
If I change the Detail Cut line in Style Editor, all the cut lines in the drawing will be affected by this modification.
There is a possibility to change locally only the border cut line of a specific view?

Lucian 🙂
Message 4 of 6
Tim.Nong

No...Inventor cannot do this at this time. Could you tell me why you want to change the line tpye for a specific view? I will log a wish for this if needed.

Thanks,

Tim
Message 5 of 6
l.crisan

There is no real motivation. I want to change them. That's all.
Thanks for reply.

Lucian
Message 6 of 6
peter_m.

I need this functionality.

There are many times when I am showing detail views, but wish to hide some lines (objects in background that are not relevent, distracting and/or in the way) but this leaves the cut lines for these objects floating in space.

It is not always possible to make the entire part not visible because it may be a more distant aspect of the same part I am detailing.

There is a cludgy 'fix' possible in creating a specific cutline layer and then hiding it, but this affects the whole drawing and not individual veiws and details.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report