Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change item number

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cokhitp
4211 Views, 3 Replies

Change item number

When create assembly, i placed 3 parts in order: A.ipt, B.ipt, C.ipt

And ofcourse the item number will be:

A is 1

B is 2

C is 3

this number will be the same in: item colum (in BOM table), ballon (in 2D drawing).

The problem is: i want to change this number,

A will be 2

B will be 1

C will be 3   when i ballon the part in 2D

I've used "renumber" in BOM, but it just change value in "item" colum (in BOM table), not change in "ballon" (in 2D drawing).

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gcooper79
in reply to: cokhitp

Balloon numbers are allocated from the parts list.  If you create a parts list and change the item numbers here, it should change the balloon numbers.

Regards,
Graeme
Message 3 of 4
BMiller63
in reply to: cokhitp

in contrast to the previous reply (which is not completely accurate) here are my thoughts on this:

There are 2 BOM views, Stuctured and Parts Only. You can have one set of item numbers in the Structured BOM view and another different set in the Parts Only view. So make sure you are not changing one view, while your parts list and balloons are looking at the other.

Item #'s come from the assembly BOM. You can edit the balloon and change those item#s in 2 ways. If you change the number in the left column  (ITEM) it will change it in the the balloon and the parts list. If you change it in the right colum (Override) it changes in just the balloon.

Changing the Item# in the parts list will change the balloon, and the text will be blue, indicating it differs from the assembly BOM. There is a button in the parts list editor that allows you to push changes in the parts list to the assembly BOM.

Some of this changed in Inventor R10 or R11 (not 2010 or 2011), so if you're using an older version you may see something different that what I described.

Hope that helps, post more information if it doesn't.

Message 4 of 4
scott
in reply to: BMiller63

Is it possible to once I am happy with the order of my parts in my BOM and there respective Item number to keep them in that order and never change? I want to lock them in after I decided that I like what I have. I dont want to add parts later and have the item numbers already assigned to change EVER. My shop uses the item numbers to track pieces of the assembly and if they change it could cause problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report