Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change formed view to flat view

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JimSteinmeyer
900 Views, 3 Replies

change formed view to flat view

I am making several sheetsw of sheet metal part drawings. I would like to place a formed view on an edge and then place a projected view that is flat so the operator can see the needed information with the least views possible. I know that I can place a formed view , then start a new view, place a flat view and then align them. However I would like to place one view, place the second then edit the second to a flat pattern. I have tried this but the button is not active, am I missing something?

Along the same lines, I am making drawings of legacy parts that are coming into the sheet as bend down. If the bend notes were active from the start rather than needing to be added later I could know to flip the part before it is set. However as it is I have to add the notes, see the orientation and then go back to the part and reorient the flat pattern in the part. The reorient buttons are not active once the flat view is placed. Is there a faster method? I know that in both brand X programs these are simple click RMB cllick operations, please tell me we can do something simular here.

I should mention I am running 2012.

Thank you

Jim

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pauldoubet
in reply to: JimSteinmeyer

@JimSteinmeyer wrote:

The reorient buttons are not active once the flat view is placed. Is there a faster method?

Ok, here is a partial answer to your problem.

To flip the flat pattern view you can use the graphics window button in the 'Edit View' dialog box. Just select the flat pattern view, right click, select 'Edit View', select the icon near the lower right portion of the screen in the 'Orientation' section. Flip the view to the side you want, then close and click OK in the 'Edit View' Dialog box.

Hope this helps, Paul

Message 3 of 4
JimSteinmeyer
in reply to: pauldoubet

Thank you Paul. I wasn't sure how to activate the different view options. I just tried it and it worked good. i was slightly confused at first as inventor voomed in so far that the screen was filled with a small segment of the surface. I didn't know what i was looking at.

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
Message 4 of 4
pauldoubet
in reply to: JimSteinmeyer

Glad that worked, I know what you mean about the zoom. I think it might be zooming to actual size instead of a Zoom All.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums