Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Feild Properties?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Talayoe
196 Views, 5 Replies

Change Feild Properties?

Gots me to wondering this morning, is it possible to modify this screen? The screen comes up when editing the title block feild properties and since I dont use alot of them and I have a couple custom ones made, it would be expressly convienient to have it all on this screen (summary) instead of clicking on this tab, that tab and the other tab (so to say).

Basically asking if you can re-map these feilds?

tks!

Untitled.jpg

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: Talayoe

If you are using Vault Professional, you could use Data Cards, which are customizable in the Vault.  You can set them up to show whatever properties you need.  You can also check out Sean Dotson's IpropWiz software.  http://www.ipropwiz.com/index.html

Message 3 of 6
jtylerbc

It's also possible to use VBA to make your own dialog box, run from a macro, to enter the ones you want to use instead of using the iProperties dialog.  I have one, based on an example from Brian Ekins (I think).   The dialog box itself is designed to look like the title block, so that I actually enter it exactly where it belongs on the drawing.

Message 4 of 6
Talayoe
in reply to: jtylerbc

Chris, thanks I will give that add on a bash, but I dont like that it is quite expensive for just a modifier.

Jt, is this something you can share so I can try to mock it or something similar up to what I am doing? It would take most of the dumb out of it, which as I am sure you know can be a good thing 😉

Tks

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 5 of 6
jtylerbc

Talayoe,

In principle I don't mind sharing it, but my programming skills are quite weak, and revolve mostly around cobbling things together from code found online and in the programming help file.  Nothing I've done is likely to be a good example, so you're probably better off with the original example I started from.

http://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/10/drawing-automation.html

The example I started from came from this post.  I then modified the form, changed or added some properties, and otherwise messed with it until it worked for us.

Message 6 of 6
Talayoe
in reply to: jtylerbc

Thank Jt, I will have a look into it. 🙂

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report