Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Default Hole Placement

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
abreen
564 Views, 5 Replies

Change Default Hole Placement

I make a lot of holes, but I almost never use the default Linear placement. Is there a way to change the default hole placement method in Settings somewhere so that concentric is the default?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
warrentdo
in reply to: abreen

Hello, I thought that 'From Sketch' was the default?

I allways put the 'point' on the sketch and Hole 'From Sketch' picks them up.

Warren.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
----------------------------
2013 Product Design Suite Ultimate 64-bit
2012 Product Design Suite Ultimate 64-bit
2011 Product Design Suite Ultimate 64-bit
All running at the same time 🙂

Message 3 of 6
abreen
in reply to: warrentdo

Warren,

From Sketch is default when there's a sketch already present, but Linear is default otherwise. But I don't really care what the default is now, I want to know if it's customizable in options, an xml file, or the registry somewhere.

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

@abreen wrote:

Warren,

From Sketch is default when there's a sketch already present, but Linear is default otherwise. But I don't really care what the default is now, I want to know if it's customizable in options, an xml file, or the registry somewhere.

I don't believe so. Thats hard coded in the software I suspect. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
abreen

I've found a solution for this! Even though "Linear" is the default selection, if you choose a plane and a round feature as references the program automatically switches to "Concentric"!

Message 6 of 6
SBix26

Thank you!  This eliminates one small annoyance for me, at least if I can remember it the next time I need to use Concentric placement.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2015 SP2
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report