Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

M1shap
Message 1 of 4 (227 Views)

Change Content Centre Bolt description

227 Views, 3 Replies
12-12-2012 09:04 PM

Hi people, I realise this has been asked a billion times before but i am still having trouble & want to know if what i am trying to do is possible.

I want to change the description of a bolt to be "M(bolt size) bolt. then add the length in another column. example M10 bolt

I want to know if it is possible to do this using the Family Properties & changing the "Family Description" to something like M=<NND> BOLT. i have tried but had no luck as it only comes back with "M Bolt" & no diameter 

I hope that someone can tell me if this is possible or another way to make it populate a BOM easily.

Valued Contributor
streharg
Message 2 of 4 (213 Views)

Re: Change Content Centre Bolt description

12-13-2012 03:05 AM in reply to: M1shap

Yes you can!

That's the code used in DIN library:

"M" & {NND} & " x " & {NLG}

Which gives you this:

M 12X 30

So if you want this:

M10 bolt

You should use somethig like this:

"M" & {NND} & " Bolt "

For lenght, just use {NLG} where you need it. It already has column (nominal lenght)

Hope i was clear enough!

Greg

Factory design suite 2013 premium
Some old workstation ...
Fancy HP LCD
:smileyhappy:
M1shap
Message 3 of 4 (185 Views)

12-13-2012 05:02 PM in reply to: streharg

i worked it out that i need to create a custom  column & add the equation as you said "M" & {NND} & "BOLT". so it works but the issue i have now is that there are no spaces it looks like this in BOM. M10BOLT i have put spaces n & it does nothing can anyone tell me what is going on or if it is just an issue with INV2012. 

Valued Contributor
streharg
Message 4 of 4 (171 Views)

12-13-2012 11:41 PM in reply to: M1shap

For spaces, just add  & " " &.

You should use somethig like this:

"M" & " " & {NND} &" "& "Bolt "

Factory design suite 2013 premium
Some old workstation ...
Fancy HP LCD
:smileyhappy:
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.