Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Content Centre Bolt description

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
M1shap
502 Views, 3 Replies

Change Content Centre Bolt description

Hi people, I realise this has been asked a billion times before but i am still having trouble & want to know if what i am trying to do is possible.

I want to change the description of a bolt to be "M(bolt size) bolt. then add the length in another column. example M10 bolt

I want to know if it is possible to do this using the Family Properties & changing the "Family Description" to something like M=<NND> BOLT. i have tried but had no luck as it only comes back with "M Bolt" & no diameter 

I hope that someone can tell me if this is possible or another way to make it populate a BOM easily.

Thanks Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
streharg
in reply to: M1shap

Yes you can!

That's the code used in DIN library:

"M" & {NND} & " x " & {NLG}

Which gives you this:

M 12X 30

So if you want this:

M10 bolt

You should use somethig like this:

"M" & {NND} & " Bolt "

For lenght, just use {NLG} where you need it. It already has column (nominal lenght)

Hope i was clear enough!

Greg

PDSU 2016
4790K, 32 Gb ram, GTX 960 ...
Fancy HP LCD
🙂
Message 3 of 4
M1shap
in reply to: streharg

i worked it out that i need to create a custom  column & add the equation as you said "M" & {NND} & "BOLT". so it works but the issue i have now is that there are no spaces it looks like this in BOM. M10BOLT i have put spaces n & it does nothing can anyone tell me what is going on or if it is just an issue with INV2012. 

Message 4 of 4
streharg
in reply to: M1shap

For spaces, just add  & " " &.

You should use somethig like this:

"M" & " " & {NND} &" "& "Bolt "

PDSU 2016
4790K, 32 Gb ram, GTX 960 ...
Fancy HP LCD
🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report