I need to change the Base Quantity of family templates in CC from GL = ... to Each. (I know there are several different qty, but I need this to Each because of ERP-system).
I use open from CC and place a tube in an iam, and changing BOM-settings to Each on that tube.
Then I replace template in the family in CC editor with this file. And everything seems OK.
When I use "Place from CC" and place a tube from this family, everything is in perfect order. The ipt has Base Quantity set to Each just like I wanted.
BUT .... (!)
I use Frame Generator and insert tubes from this family, then the Base Quantity "bounce" back from Each of GL = ...
I need this to work also in Frame Generator.
Anybody have any solution to this?
If you need to do this you will need to replace the familly template.
1) Copy your family to your read/write Library in the content center Editor
2) Generate a steel shape from this library (just create an IPT file with any length, is not important)
3) Open this ipt and change in the document settings, under Bill Of Materials, the base qty to each instead the GL
4) Save this file
5) Go to the content center editor
6) Make sure that your library view is only on your read/write lib
7) Right click on your family
8) Select Replace Family Template
9) Chose your ipt previously generated and updated with the new base qty
10) all is done !
I hope that this procedure will be helpful!
Thank you for your answer
This is how I have done it, but it does not work. I am informed that Autodesk developement are looking into the problem.
Have a nice day
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.