Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change apperance in IAM update IPT file with new apperance?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
8wr_zj
522 Views, 5 Replies

Change apperance in IAM update IPT file with new apperance?

Basically i have created a good size IAM and now need to lighten all of the apperances up.  Cann i change them in the iam and have it update the indivual IPT files at the same time?  or will i have to open all the ipt files and change it and save?  This might be an easy one.... Thanks for any response.

Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: 8wr_zj

Hi!

Im affraid this is not possible to "migrate" the assembly's part colors to the part, even because in one assembly you can have the same part with different colors within the assembly. So Yes, you have to open all parts and change the color.(But, why change the color... in the assembly context they have the color you want)

Regards.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
8wr_zj
in reply to: CCarreiras

yes that was my first thought just to change it in the Assembly and be done with it.  I am working with a weldment file that i had to break apart in a few different sub assemblies to create the correct details and different sections i need in the idws.  So this would lead me to changing the colors multiple times in every assembly that i refrence.  Also if i change it in the ipt will it update to the iam file? thanks for the fast response!

Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 4 of 6
CCarreiras

Hi!

Theoretically, YES!!!

...but in practice, i had some issues in a few parts, but i always solve the problem, by reset color overrides, or edit the part color inside the assembly, or open outside tehasembly... but one of this workaround will works in the end. I hope it doesnt happend to you like, i said only happened to me in a few parts.

Regards

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
8wr_zj
in reply to: CCarreiras

Carlos,

Thanks again for anwsering so quickly ill give it a try after this meeting and ill let you know how it works!!

Thanks again
Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 6 of 6
8wr_zj

just wanted to say thanks for the help.  It worked great.  i was forgetting that i needed to clear the apperances and do the update to make it current to the ipt file.  gotta love long hours. tight deadlines, and brain farts!

Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report