Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
richard_cirillo
Message 1 of 3 (247 Views)
Accepted Solution

chamfer won`t work

247 Views, 2 Replies
12-18-2013 03:36 AM

I am trying to place a 5mm chamfer along edge so as it meets the cylinder....i cannot get it to work on this model but on an exact other model i can place a 5mm chamfer...am i missing something here

thanks

Inventor 2013/Inventor 2014

Hi!

The question is; you have two different distances, and somehow, Inventor has issues split/merge the face between these two distances when you apply chanfer (between extrusion and revolve).

1.png

Workaround:

1. Create the extrusion as a new solid (now you have two solids; multisolid part)
  2. Create the chanfer with the distance you need in the second solid: extrusion.
  3. Use "combine" to join the two solids... and that's it.

Check the attached part.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Distinguished Mentor
ccarreiras
Message 2 of 3 (230 Views)

Re: chamfer won`t work

12-18-2013 04:33 AM in reply to: richard_cirillo

Hi!

The question is; you have two different distances, and somehow, Inventor has issues split/merge the face between these two distances when you apply chanfer (between extrusion and revolve).

1.png

Workaround:

1. Create the extrusion as a new solid (now you have two solids; multisolid part)
  2. Create the chanfer with the distance you need in the second solid: extrusion.
  3. Use "combine" to join the two solids... and that's it.

Check the attached part.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CarlosC

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2015
Windows 7 64Bit
Valued Contributor
richard_cirillo
Message 3 of 3 (221 Views)

Re: chamfer won`t work

12-18-2013 04:55 AM in reply to: ccarreiras

Thank you Carlos

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.