Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chamfer complex condition

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
marcusfriesl
577 Views, 2 Replies

chamfer complex condition

I hope this is the right place to ask.

I have only being using Inventor 2014 now for a week or so and I am trying to add a chamfer between a leg and a table top.  The transition between the leg and the top is a radiused corner.  The leg and top are one solid.  

Untitled-1.jpg

Below is the edge that needs to be chamfered.

Untitled-2.jpg

I have tried to create the chamfer after the radius and before, and the result is either an error or some weird chamfered disjointed result.  I only need to chamfer it 5mm.

I have attached the working file in inventor 2014 format below.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I would like to find out what I am doing wrong.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MingweiGao
in reply to: marcusfriesl

Hello,

I just found there are some discontinuous edges between the legs and the top. It may be caused by the loft feature. If you create the chamfers(5mm) firstly, you will see there is a noncoincidence region between the two chamfers, please refer to the attached pictures. Based on my understanding of your design, the outer face of legs should be the same with the table(if not, please correct me). So I tried to use DELETE FACE command with HEAL option to delete the outer faces of legs and then added the fillets and chamfers. Refer to the attached part.

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 3 of 3
marcusfriesl
in reply to: MingweiGao

THank you.  That works perfectly.  How did you search for the noncoincidence regions?

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report