Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFDesign?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
371 Views, 5 Replies

CFDesign?

Has anyone have any experience using CFdesign (www.cfdesign.com) with Inventor?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'd like to, but their 'demo' package is only a slide show.

-JG

TRambach wrote:
> Has anyone have any experience using CFdesign (www.cfdesign.com) with Inventor?
Message 3 of 6
grenz

The process Engineers use it here but they are out of the office. I have not heard of any complaints. Tell me exactly what you are looking for and maybe I can find out soon.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

the 3D portion seems straight forward, but it eludes to creating a 2D surface for a 2 dimensional analysis. We tried deleting faces from a solid to create a 2D surface but it doesn't work. Have you tried doing this?
Message 5 of 6
grenz

Sorry so far it has been all 3D. I will see if they have any ideas when they return.
Message 6 of 6
dan_mayers

When I went through the training, they explained the process but I have never used it. It was quite complicated to do it for Inventor files. I can't find anything in my notes, but I seem to recall that it involved workplanes and derived surfaces. The easy way to simulate the 2D analysis is to make a thin slice .001 thick or so. It is not quite as fast as 2D because it does have depth, but it is easier than trying to get 2D geometry out of Inventor. If you really need to do a 2D analysis, try talking to your VAR or checking the CFDesign forums-- One of them should be able to help.

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report