Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFD Simulation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stevec781
704 Views, 4 Replies

CFD Simulation

Seeing as though Autodesk have now released CFD simulation, and considering that Solidworks comes with CFD simulation built in,  what's the chance of them incorporating this into Inventor like they did with FEA and Alias tools?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MikahB
in reply to: stevec781

Seems highly unlikely to me, but I wish it would happen!

Been trying to justify the cost of Autodesk Multiphysics 2012 but I just can't get there yet.

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 3 of 5
ravikmb5
in reply to: stevec781

CFD Simulation is much costlier than Inventor

i doubt chances of including CFd with Inventor

Please mark this response as Problem Solved if it answers your question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,
i7 860 Dell Studio XPS Win 7 64 bit 12 Gb RAM & HP Z220 SFF Workstation
Autodesk Inventor Certified professional 2016
Email: ravikmb5@gmail.com

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: ravikmb5

I really hope so.. Whats the chances of them including 3d studio max, alias,mudbox, sketchbook with Inventor for free.. Oh yeah they did. I'd much rather have just Inventor and CFD than those other programs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
stevec781
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

Whats the chances of them including 3d studio max, alias,mudbox, sketchbook with Inventor for free.. Oh yeah they did..

That's what got me thinking about this.  It was once unthinkable that CAD would include FEA but now it's standard, and flow simulation has been included in entry level Solidworks for a while now.  So now that Autodesk have bought the technology I would think that including it in Inventor would open up a whole new client base for them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums