Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Hardware Question

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
658 Views, 4 Replies

Certified Hardware Question

Hello,

I looking at purchasing a

Dell Precision M4800 with 

- Intel® CoreTM i7-4710MQ (Quad Core 2.50GHz, 3.50GHz Turbo, 6MB 47W, w/HD Graphics 4600), 

- Windows 7 Professional, English, 64-bit, 

- 16GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3L RAM, 

- Nvidia® Quadro® K1100M w/2GB GDDR5

I will be using Inventor 2015 with this computer.

However when I go to the "Find Recommended Hardware" page it doesn't come up as one of the option for a Dell Precision M4800,

but the Nvidia® Quadro® K1100M is on the Certified list. 

So my question is will this computer work with Autodesk Inventor 2015 or should I look for something else?

Please help,

Brian

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Never had a problem with any of Dell's M workstations and Inventor. I have a old M6800 and it still runs Inventor 2015.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply John,

I didn't want to purchase the computer only to find out that it didn't work with Inventor even though it said the video card would work.

Brian
Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr

Just forget you saw the list and buy the fastest computer your budget will allow. (fast single core processor speed is important as well as buttload of RAM and a good gaming type graphics card)

It will work just fine.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
blair
in reply to: mcgyvr

I agree with MCGYVR, forget the hardware list, go for a fast "Gamming" computer, for a laptop, look at AlienWare. They are a division of Dell, go for the fastest CPU clock speed and at least 12Gb of memory and the fastest gaming graphics card your budget can handle.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report