Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centrelines when converting to DWG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
140 Views, 2 Replies

Centrelines when converting to DWG

I've just converted my first IDW to DWG (using R9) and I must say I like many of the improvements over previous versions. However: 1/ Why do centre marks appear twice, once in their own layer and once on the centrelines layer? (at least this is easy to clean up. 2/ Why do centrelines get created as a set of line segments instead of as one line using a centreline linetype? 3/ How do I get dimensions to change to the colour specified by the Dimensions layer? 4/ How do I get the colour of text in, for example, my title block, to change to the layer colour? I'm hoping I've missed some obvious settings. Richard
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

See comments :- "Richard Hinterhoeller" wrote in message news:4118e893$1_3@newsprd01... > I've just converted my first IDW to DWG (using R9) and I must say I like > many of the improvements over previous versions. > However: > 1/ Why do centre marks appear twice, once in their own layer and once on > the centrelines layer? (at least this is easy to clean up. Don't know this one > 2/ Why do centrelines get created as a set of line segments instead of > as one line using a centreline linetype? Agree, they should be contiguous but there is no setting that I'm aware of to make that happen > 3/ How do I get dimensions to change to the colour specified by the > Dimensions layer? Make sure your dimension colour (in Inventors Style settings) is set to "Bylayer" > 4/ How do I get the colour of text in, for example, my title block, to > change to the layer colour? Again, make sure your text style in Inventor is set to Bylayer (I think) Hope this info is of use to you Regards Rory
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Rory: Thanks. I haven't played with the settings you suggest so I appreciate the guidance. Richard Rory wrote: > See comments :- > > "Richard Hinterhoeller" wrote in message > news:4118e893$1_3@newsprd01... > >>I've just converted my first IDW to DWG (using R9) and I must say I like >>many of the improvements over previous versions. > > >>However: >>1/ Why do centre marks appear twice, once in their own layer and once on >>the centrelines layer? (at least this is easy to clean up. > > > Don't know this one > > >>2/ Why do centrelines get created as a set of line segments instead of >>as one line using a centreline linetype? > > > Agree, they should be contiguous but there is no setting that I'm aware of > to make that happen > > >>3/ How do I get dimensions to change to the colour specified by the >>Dimensions layer? > > > Make sure your dimension colour (in Inventors Style settings) is set to > "Bylayer" > > >>4/ How do I get the colour of text in, for example, my title block, to >>change to the layer colour? > > > Again, make sure your text style in Inventor is set to Bylayer (I think) > > Hope this info is of use to you > > Regards > > Rory > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report