Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centerlines in drawings

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Talayoe
758 Views, 3 Replies

Centerlines in drawings

Good day,

I must be off my nut. I cannot get a 'centerline' (symbols panel/centerline) to create. I can use all the others (centerline bisector, centermark and centered pattern) without fail. This first one (with the single line) does not EVER give me the option to 'create' when I am done clicking my points, its always greyed out and I dont know why.

Heaven forbid I even went as far as reading the tutorial on how to make a centerline...select that option, click here, click there, when done right click and 'create'. Doesnt work.

What am I doing wrong??

tks! 🙂

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Talayoe

Select any two points and right mouse button Create.  (or simply click again on the screen at some abitrary location)

The two points must be regular snap points like endpoints or midpoints or centerpoints.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
Talayoe
in reply to: JDMather

Hey JD,

Thats exactly what I am doing. Doesnt work. I will post some screen shots in a bit.

tks

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 4 of 4
Talayoe
in reply to: Talayoe

I am just going to accept this. I think I have been trying to use it the wrong way (which makes no sense to me, but that is aside the point).

Thanks.

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report