Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centerline Bisector misses center point

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dennis
393 Views, 3 Replies

Centerline Bisector misses center point

See the attachment for clarification.

I have a gear tooth circular array.  In the IPT all measurements are exactly correct.  When I bring it over to the IDW documentation environment, I seem to be having a problem making use of the Centerline Bisector of each tooth.  In the first image i show how the angles all are equal in value from tooth to tooth, but the bisector centerline is off on some of the teeth.  The second image shows how the centerlines generated via the bisector tool do not pass through the center point.

Have I found a bug, or am I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: dennis

Just post the ipt..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: dennis

I agree, post the part.  My first thoughts are did you pattern the teeth around the center?

Did you create this part yourself?  The software has to be thinking the teeth are not square with the center to give you results like that.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 4
dennis
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks y'all.

I didn't want to post the part if there was an obvious problem in the model, so I reexamined.  I found that if I suppressed the undercut on each side of the teeth, then the angles held true.  The undercut had been sketched on one side of the tooth and then mirrored over.  When I actually sketched the other side, not relying on the mirror, it all worked.

Thanks for prompting me to take a deeper look.Smiley LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report