Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centering text vertically (middle justification) in a parts list

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jcstevens
2032 Views, 8 Replies

Centering text vertically (middle justification) in a parts list

I am trying to align text in a row of my parts list vertically, but I can't seem to find an option to accomplish this. Please see the row for item #5 in the attached jpeg. The default behavior seems to be top justification.

I have found the ability to change left/center/right horizontal alignment in the 'format column' dialogue, but nothing for the vertical alignment. I have also tryed changing the settings within the 'styles editor' by going to the parts list style I am using, then the text style that is specified for the data, and changing the justification for that text style to middle justification (see 2nd attachment), but it does not seem to effect the text within my parts list as I had desired.

Can anyone offer any other solutions that I may have overlooked? Thanks!

-J.C.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: jcstevens

can't be done. Just leave it and stop being so picky Smiley Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 9
jcstevens
in reply to: mcgyvr

But my Engineer's OCD is killing me.... Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 9
skyngu

it is an old post. is there any way to solve it? thanks.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Message 5 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: skyngu

@skyngu wrote:

it is an old post. is there any way to solve it? thanks.

@skyngu Nope.. Nothing has changed in regards to that..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 9
jpclarkts
in reply to: mcgyvr

Does anyone know if this has been updated in Inventor 2019? This is an annoyance for me since I have drawing templates with tables, parts lists, and a revision block all on the same sheet. The table and revision block both have middle justified text, but the parts list can't...

Message 7 of 9
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jpclarkts

Hi! Unfortunately, the wish is not yet fulfilled. Please feel free to submit it to Inventor Ideas forum or vote for the existing ones.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 9
jeffcad
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Yes, this needs to be fixed. It's been an issue that has been brought up for years.

Message 9 of 9
SER4

Here is a link to the Idea.  Credit to @jimmyflash for creating.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/centering-text-vertically-middle-justification-in-a-pa...

Although, @johnsonshiue, I dare say this is a bug (functionality not working as expected) rather than an Idea.

Dell Precision 5680 Laptop; Win11 Pro; 64GB RAM; i9-13900H CPU; Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVIDIA RTX 3500 Ada Laptop GPU.
Vault Pro 2023.4.1 (28.4.20.0); Inventor Pro 2023.4.1 (418).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report