Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center of Gravity in to model for level of detail

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kmeldfreyssinet
1007 Views, 6 Replies

Center of Gravity in to model for level of detail

Hi,

I have problem with center of gravity.

I would like very much to be able to get in in to my model so I could use it for creating axis and planes and get its' distance from various elements.

I have found this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/project-center-of-gravity-to-sketch-point/idi-p/4...

But for some reason this rule dosen't work like it is described. I have nothing to do with Ilogic so far. I do not have time to learn it.

Point that is produced with this rule is not in the same place as center of gravity shown in window. I think that's because I work with different levels of detail and in given time I need center of gravity for this particular one that I am currently working on.

Could someone update this rule so it would get center of gravity position for active level of details?

Cris.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
2grumpy
in reply to: kmeldfreyssinet

you can display it on the drawing as well

Message 3 of 7
kmeldfreyssinet
in reply to: 2grumpy

Hi,

Yes I know I can display it. But displaying is basically all I can do. I would like to use it, attache dimension to it and position elements regarding to it.

Automatically it is not possible due to possible infinite loop (CG would change upon update and than assembly would change upon CG movement and so ON). So approach from he link I have posted is OK for me. CG is updated and I than I can update manually position of point in model.

But this rule as it is now gives me point in different position than gizmo of CG is displayed. I suppose this is related to level of detail.

So If anyone is capable of either confirming that this rule works also for given level of detail, or amend it in such a way that it dose I would appreciate

Cris.

Message 4 of 7
fakeru

Message 5 of 7
kmeldfreyssinet
in reply to: fakeru

Hi,

Thanks fakeru . That what is under link you post is basically the same as I refere to in link in forst post.

But for some reason this rule (I am refering to) is not woring properly for given level of detil.

I see that I will probalby dig more in to this iLogic to fix it it. I do not know iLogic at all.

So once again I ask if someone who knows couls make this rules work for levels of detail. And also make it stable even if center of gravity is not clculated and this data is not avialable in iProperties. This I suppose is only a little of pprogrming work.

Cris.

Message 6 of 7
fakeru

The rule from the link I provided works ok with LOD.

The other thing I just noticed is that rule works in such way, that you lose relations (constrains) to the COG model part if your assembly changes. Beucase after each rule run, it will replace that model, instead of moving it to the updated COG.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional
Message 7 of 7
kmeldfreyssinet
in reply to: fakeru

Hi,

I did further investigation and rule from this link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/project-center-of-gravity-to-sketch-point/idi-p/4...

works for LoD but it is not updating point position after CoG position is changed and rule is run again.

If however point is deleted, after rule is run it is inserted in right location.

Could someone familiar with iLogic check this rule and make it update position of this point?

Cris. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report