Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center Mark config will not change center mark

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lark22
628 Views, 4 Replies

Center Mark config will not change center mark

I would like to change the spacing of the center lines to a conventional spacing.
When I edit the dimensions in the styles edit, nothing changes.
I save and update styles and nothing changes.
Please help I am would like my drawings to look correct and the way Inventor creates center marks is ugly.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ieankie
in reply to: lark22

In your project environment you need to set "Use Styles Library" to Yes if it's set to Read only.
(Right click on it) - see attached.
Then change your styles, save it to the style Library and update styles.
That should do the trick.
Don't forget to set it back to Read only when you're finished editing.

Andi
Message 3 of 5
lark22

Thank you for your reply. I do have the project set to yes for the style edit.
You cannot change anything in the styles without this set.
I just think that it is something that dosent work in Inventor and that most people
dont bother trying to change this setting. So it has been not noticed as an
error in the program.
Message 4 of 5
BMiller63

I just tested it here and it works fine on my drawings.
My guess is that you're updating one standard but the drawings are set to use another. But hat is just a guess, please post a file for others to test if you're interested in solving this.

>> just think that it is something that dosent work in Inventor and that most people dont bother trying to change this setting. So it has been not noticed as an error in the program.

to be blunt, that is a fool's assumption that will get you no where fast. Rest assured that Autodesk doesn't get away with much without someone (often many many people) catching it. You would not be the only one to notice such a feature not working.
Message 5 of 5
peach0865

this is happend in our inventor. and only in ISO standard,  ANSI center mark is ok. we can change the A and B, but ISO standard we can not see any chenges when we edit A B C D......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report