Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Structural Shape Data

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
cadman777
218 Views, 0 Replies

CC Structural Shape Data

Will someone at Autodesk please advise me where you got your Structural Steel Shape data for your CC base sketches?

The reason I want to know is b/c I'm creating my own CC parts to accord w/standards in books I possess, and I keep finding discrepancies btw the book data and the CC data. In other words, some of the CC base sketch dimensions do not match the AISC data, resulting in a changed shape profile.

I need to know where you got your numbers from, so I can make a decision which data to use, so I can justify my decision in the future, if the need arises.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

In the AISC manual, the dims that create the i..s radius for an MC6x12 result in a slightly larger radius than the CC part.

In the Bethelehem Steel Structural Shapes book, the MC6x12 channel GRIP is 3/8" and the HOLE GAUGE is 1 1/2" (taken from back of channel).

The CC base sketch for this shape is drawn differently, so the GRIP is 3/8" BUT the HOLE GAUGE is 1.796".

The CC sketch GRIP is taken from the flange toe instead of from the back of the channel.

Result: If the base sketch uses the AISC + Bethlehem Steel data, the flange is less thick with a larger IR than if using the CC original data.

WHICH IS CORRECT?

What STANDARD is the CC data based on?

Thanx

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report