Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Published Parts - *VARIES* In Columns

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
258 Views, 2 Replies

CC Published Parts - *VARIES* In Columns

I noticed on my parts list that I had an item that was listed as *Varies* in the description, and part # columns I have set.  Seen it before, so I went to my BOM and saw that it's a part that I've published to the CC.

Thought, OK, go and replace the 12 parts that I needed to.  Tried the "Replace All" and it still came up on my BOM as *Varies*.

Went through and replaced each part in the assembly one at a time.  Still shows up in BOM as *Varies*.

I thought that when I publish parts to the CC, they become Read-Only, and I can't edit any of the iProperties or the part itself.

In the attached BMP, I've cut out the offending row in my BOM.  All the columns are greyed out to where I can't edit anything, as designed...

Why would these published parts come up as *Varies* in 2 of my columns if the values I've set when I published them would never change??? Anyone seen behavior like this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
msklein
in reply to: Anonymous

IN assy open BOM at top find icon that says merge setting open and uncheck box that will solve it.

MSK

ALWAYS LIST VERSION OF "IV" TO GET BEST ANSWER

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: msklein

Thank you for this reply MSK.  This allowed me to find the offending valve that wasn't updating.  Any ideas why this would refresh when I did the CC Refresh in the assembly?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report