Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Parts vs. Non-CC Parts Look Different w/Same Settings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jeanchile
243 Views, 1 Reply

CC Parts vs. Non-CC Parts Look Different w/Same Settings

Hello All,

One of the areas we have struggled with a little bit since our recent upgrade to 2013 has been the Material/Appearance libraries. Here is an example of something we are trying to fix but have been unsuccessful hence a plea for help.

Our content center parts have a different color/look to them than our parts created through our template files. Here's the content center color:

CC Parts.png

And here's the color from our templates:

Non-CC Parts.png

The content center files are visibly darker and they have no reflectivity (even though it is enabled).

The particulars:

1.) The material and appearance libraries are custom ones we set up during the whole migration process

2.) The material is "Steel, Mild" and the Appearance is "Steel"

3.) Both the material and appearance I believe were IV default stuff that came over when we migrated the old color styles to the new appearances (what I mean is that we did not specifically create a "steel" color in our custom library).

Things we've tried:

1.) I've checked the settings of both types of documents and they are exactly the same

2.) I've checked the lighting styles of both and they are the same

3.) I've checked the application options are set to use application wide settings not document settings

Is there anything else we can look at to get these parts all looking the same regardless of origin?

Thanks for the help!

Inventor Professional
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LT.Rusty
in reply to: jeanchile

Same thing here.

In 2011, "Steel, Mild" all looked like the CC parts.  In 2013, not so much.

I think that what's happening is that the template for the CC parts is still using the same material settings that previous versions used, but new parts are using a different set of material settings.

Yes, it's annoying.

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report